Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pigeons Homing, Twenty Minute Sketch




A pigeon has built her nest in my house, and its so lovely to see her every time I go out. I did this sketch last night with a black dot pen, then I used a black sketch-pen to create the blackness of nighttime. The soft glow of the bulb was done using dry pastel. 

I did it in twenty minutes, which explains the rather crude strokes. I'm planning to make a more detailed and delicate watercolor based on this sketch sometime soon. 

4 comments:

  1. Hiya, you are really good ^.^ lovely arts!
    I Followed you.
    I blog about art too
    Welcome to follow me back:
    http://purelyenchanted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strokes in your sketch don't look crude to me. On the other hand I see a lot of vitality and the overall effect is very attractive.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am trying to build up my watercolour skills. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy to have found your blog and to be a follower... these sketches are great and I like the balance of light and dark..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Seema -- Enjoyed your sketches and your little doodle books and little whimsical animations. Blessings Terri htt://morningdewdrops.com

    ReplyDelete