Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Decorations

It's almost a working Christmas for me this year ... so to get into the 'happy December mood' I set some time aside to make these Christmas decorations. Initially, I had thought of making watercolor scraps and then hanging them around the house. However, I got inspired by some origami paper that has been lying unused for such a long time!

Making these yesterday took me back to my childhood; there was an origami book (my father's) at home ... and  I spent many evenings trying to make the complex folds. One of the toughest and most enchanting ones was an origami Praying Mantis. It was a time without easy access to technology (read cable television, Internet, etc.) and that one slim book meant so many enjoyable evenings for me.

The instructions for these are at: http://www.origami-instructions.com









 This paper ornament is based on instructions at Cathy's blog


And I've enjoyed Katherine Tyrrell 's posts on Christmas decorations. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to make your orgami festive. I particularly like the stripe Christmas tree but thank you for adding a link to orgami instructions...this should keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them Ann :) it's so much fun to make Christmas decorations instead of just purchasing them from a shop!!

    ReplyDelete